conduit routing preferences

Ravenstown

I just install MEP 2013 and need to configure my conduit routing preferences back to what I was using in MEP 2012. The software use to have a dialog box pop up everytime I selected the conduit command or selected an existing conduit section for modification. It doesn't do that anymore but I would like it to,. Where is the setting to get the dialog box to pop up everytime?

Also, when I open my dwg (created in MEP 2012) all my conduit was ridgid galvanized threaded. Now when I try to extend existing conduit it defaults to EMT and I have to do alot of different things to get it to change. I tried going into the style manager and select ridgid threaded as my routing preference but it is not correcting my issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Go to the Manage Tab/Style Manager/electrical objects/conduit routing preferences. This is where you can modify and create the different types of conduit systems that you use and configure the elbow sizes etc.

Then when you start the conduit command you use the properties pallete like you used to use the dialog box and select they type of conduit routing you want. You can not edit the part preferences when the conduit command is active any more but you can select the one you want.

If by chance you do not see a bunch of styles in the style manager you need to find them from a MEP template and copy them to your template. THis can be done through the style manager. Quite powerful.