in need of a lisp routine for draw order of xrefs, please

mvrcad

Hi all

first of all thanks to everyone for all the help in the past, a really cool community here, hopefully one day i have the knowlede to return the favour. maybe i could shout a six pack of ausie beer some time.

I am working on a road design with a whole set of drawings that have about 10 -15 xrefs, for example

pavement hatch, contours, detailed survey, cadastral, design, ret walls, drainage layout, survey ug services, tcs layouts, utilities, utilities (current theme), survey bdy, prop bdy, plan control, text notes.

this is the order i need the xrefs in, but some drawings have more or less xrefs than others.

can anyone suggest a way i could put these in order rather than individually picking a line from an xref and sending it to the back, over and over again?

i thought maybe a table where i number the order next to the xref name.

Im new to this lisp routine so please be gentle.

Cheers

Marcus

many layers and xrefs.JPG

xref list.JPG

Try creating a new drawing, and adding the XREFs (as attachments, not overlay) in the desired order, then XREF that new, single drawing to your plan sheets. This should yield the same result.

Otherwise, you'll need to code a LISP which uses Ai_DrawOrder function in Acad####Doc.lsp.

HTH

cheers Renderman

i like your thinking, dont know if it would work for us though as we have everything sorted and just about to go to 100% submission.

a few offices and a dozen drafties working on the projecct at one time, a change in xrefs may be a headache. but ill keep it in mind for a new project, cheers/ thanks

Having just transferred from a Transportation group into an Environmental Infrastructure (utilities) group, I can tell you that with so many working on the project you're very fortunate. I'd commonly have +/-500 sheet roadway plan sets, and learned early on the benefits of Scripts (.SCR), and Visual LISP + ObjectDBX Combos for quickly iterating an entire directory of drawings.

Good luck, and cheers! :beer: