Help? Total length on every Layer

fathihvac

@ Tharwat: Why even bother checking if the object is a line? Just use (vlax-curve-getDistAtParam (vlax-curve-getEndParam )) for all selected objects.

Thanks Alanjt .

Actually , that 's why I used these tow functions to avoid converting entities to vla-objects to use vla-get-length or Arclength , but that did not work with lines which caused me to convert them to vla and keep the two vlax-**** functions for the rest of the entities .

OMG , I just tried the vlax-*** functions and they do work !!! maybe I was in a hurry that kept things away from my availability .

Than you

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tharwat

• fathihvac

• pBe

• alanjt

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Alanjt .

Actually , that 's why I used these tow functions to avoid converting entities to vla-objects to use vla-get-length or Arclength , but that did not work with lines which caused me to convert them to vla and keep the two vlax-**** functions for the rest of the entities .

OMG , I just tried the vlax-*** functions and they do work !!! maybe I was in a hurry that kept things away from my availability .

Than you

Regardless of what the documentation says, the vlax-curve* functions will accept enames and vla-objects. Also, they will process enames faster than vla-objects.

Yes that was my first intention , when vlax-*** did not work for me with lines at the beginning which made me to use distance function to get the lengths of lines , but now after trying it for a few times , i would never forget this valuable issue . :)

Thank you alanjt and so happy to see your posts after a while of your absence .

Also, they will process enames faster than vla-objects.
Exactly! The vlax-curve-* functions are C++ routines working with ObjectARX libraries, which in turn work directly with enames as Object References. To use the ActiveX object (vla-object) means that those functions need to convert the vla-object back to an ename Object before it can actually perform anything on it. The vlax-curve-* functions seem to be mis-named, they should have been vl-curve-*, they're not written as ActiveX (i.e. there shouldn't be ax).

You can actually see the same thing if you work with DotNet's LispFunction. There the difference is that you cannot use vla-objects at all, you simply pass the ename from lisp and it becomes a drawing object, conversely sending a drawing object back to lisp it comes out as an ename.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I want to create the list

Layers ((setq Layers '("Layer1" "Layer2" "Layer3")) by picking many objects in the drawing to get their layers .For example :

I picked objects and i got the following:

"Flex300" "Duct400x200" "Flex300" "Insulated250"

I want to sort them alphabetecally and remove the douplicates.

Thanks

Example:

(defun c:test ( / i l r s )
   (if (setq s (ssget))
       (repeat (setq i (sslength s))
           (setq l (cdr (assoc 8 (entget (ssname s (setq i (1- i)))))))
           (if (not (member l r))
               (setq r (cons l r))
           )
       )
   )
   (if r (acad_strlsort r))
)

Hello,

I want to create the list

Layers ((setq Layers '("Layer1" "Layer2" "Layer3")) by picking many objects in the drawing to get their layers .For example :

I picked objects and i got the following:

"Flex300" "Duct400x200" "Flex300" "Insulated250"

I want to sort them alphabetecally and remove the douplicates.

Thanks

That's completely out of the thread , so it is better to start a new thread for the next time . OK ?

Anyway , Here is an example .:)

(while
 (setq obj (car (entsel "\n Select object :")))
  (if (not (member (cdr (assoc 8 (entget obj))) layers))
    (setq layers (cons (cdr (assoc 8 (entget obj))) layers))
  )
)
(print (acad_strlsort layers))