Solidedit and Shell

Laurel

Out of curiosity, how did you end up with the drawing farthest down and to the right.

As you know, I originally wanted to use SOLIDEDIT > SHELL, if only to learn how to use the command properly, but as this is apparantly impossible, I used the slice command you suggested along with subtract.

See the attached drawing to illustrate.

I think I am now clear about the command, but only time will tell. :)

Thanks again.

Shell 5.dwg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shift1313

• Laurel

• papagyi

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it looks like you have it all worked out!

Just as a note of caution. Dont take my word as the ultimate answer. As i said a few times i rarely use the shell command:)

I still havent had a chance to play with intersect or taper face yet(solidedit>face>taper) but i know it will also help in this case.

Sorry laurel!I can't see forum last few day for my busy work.

Thank mate shift ....great work..

Papagyi, do you see any way to achieve the figure he wants using shell? i wasnt able to see it but like i said, i could be wrong as i dont use shell very often:)

Thank you both for your help :)

Shifty - I think that the model I suggested for 'shell'-ing was just a bad example.

The shell that is actually produced is nothing like that which I imagined would be produced. Probably just a quirk of the command.

No matter though. We've managed to get to the bottom of 'shell'-ing, so problem solved! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'VE SPOKEN TOO SOON :D

I've come across a simple shape that I can't shell!!

I've posted it in a new thread, as this is getting a bit long, and I don't want anything we've discussed here to complicate matters!!