Aubin Academy: Creating a chiller and compressed air system in MEP

Cadallac

Hello,

I just got a recent project for my internship and it was to create the existing drawings for a chiller and compressed air system. If I can get through this and create a rough, but good enough drawing to work with I will be able to design a new waste water system we'll be getting. My questions through all this is:

How good is the aubin academy: Mastering Autocad MEP book in respect to total beginners? I searched this website and I couldn't find any video tutorials for MEP, though are there any that someone can recommend? also Are there any existing models of chillers or compressed air systems that I can use as a template for my design?

Do you mean this book? If so you've picked the absolute best book on the market for learning AutoCAD MEP. It's worth every single penny - pick it up immediately if you can.

There's not much video out there for AutoCAD MEP for specific items since the MEP industry is so vast. I can assure you it's not as hard as you might think. We'll be here to back you up when you start diving in.

Here are some threads that shows what I've accomplished before using AutoCAD MEP in the past:

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?58145-3D-Mechanical-Chiller-Yard&daysprune=-1

http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showthread.php?65321-Pump-room-with-chilled-water-piping