Delete all annotation scales but current

sevdo2000

Hello,

I'd googled the name of this thread and found something (I don't know if it is correct to post link here) but it not works (or I didn't manage do run it) and want to ask - is it posible or is there a lisp to do something like this - I just want to delete all annotation scales from selected objects but current. There is standart ACAD command to delete current scale from object ... And for now - I have to look what scales are applied to objects and switch every scale, then select all object from drawing and delete them.

The -PURGE command should delete any unused (as opposed to uncurrent) dimstyles in your drawing.

This command should be entered at your commandline, and the leading hyphen is VERY important.

Follow the prompts at the commandline, or choose A for all when asked what you want to purge.

Alternately you could use the regular PURGE command, which should also delete any unused dimension styles in your drawing.

I don't use annotative scales, so I hope this will do it, I'm assuming that they are treated like dimension styles.

Try using -SCALELISTEDIT command at the commandline, and select RESET from the options given.

Edited by Dadgad

Thanks for the quick reply Dadcad. Because of my poor engish, may be you've not understood me. My post is for particular object. Yes, I use -purge command quite often (after 10 15 min working). -SCALELISTEDIT deletes only unused scales in entire drawing. I want to delete all scales from particular selected objects and to remain only current scale.

Thanks for the quick reply Dadcad. Because of my poor engish, may be you've not understood me. My post is for particular object. Yes, I use -purge command quite often (after 10 15 min working). -SCALELISTEDIT deletes only unused scales in entire drawing. I want to delete all scales from particular selected objects and to remain only current scale.

Your English is fine, I understood what you hoped to do, I just didn't know any way to accomplish that.

Perhaps somebody who uses them will have a workable solution for you.

Good luck with it. :)

"Your English is fine"

Thanks for the praise. Only because of this forum I'm taking english course (before it I've just read the forum :)), but I think that there is a long way to learn the native english.

Thanks pBe. Sorry, but I couldn't run the irmeb's lisps (vlaxxx.lsp and AnnoScales.LSP). I managed to run your lisp from previous post and works perfect for text, but as you mentioned it bombed for dynamic blocks - I want something like that especially for them.

As stated in that other post, the AnnoScales idea isn't working too well. Did you try the ObjScaleCurOnly command as per my post #8 (in the thread pBe linked to)? That one should work as it simply uses the ObjectScale command to add the current scale & remove all existing scales from the entities.

Well .. I did not try it :oops:. Because of my lack of knowledge of lisps. I just read posts and results, and just read pBe's post "not so final" and I thought that there is problem with all previous lisps. Sorry. thanks to all of you - irmeb's lisp in post #8 works fine.

Edited by sevdo2000

Well .. I did not try it :oops:. Because of my lack of knowledge of lisps. I just read posts and results, and just read pBe's post "not so final" and I thought that there is problem with all previous lisps. Sorry. thanks to all of you - irmeb's lisp in post #8 works fine.

I should've been more clear :lol: , [ POST #8 ], glad it works for you sevdo2000 .

I beleive that is one of my very first Q on this fourm. to date i'm still using Irné's ObjectScaleCurOnly :thumbsup:

Cheers

I don't know what kind are you people altruist or smth else, but thanks. Especially for me making lisps is alien work :). Some lisps from here do such good work to me and saving too much time.

We are all here because we hope to help, and often as not we learn a few things along the way.

If you are lisp-challenged (like myself) and yet appreciate intelligent and creative solutions to

new, old and recurring problems, you would probably really enjoy checking out Lee Mac's site

http://www.lee-mac.com/index.html .

Thanks Lee! :beer:

I don't think I can manage with this big task to learn lisp. I think that just some people with very very unusual thinking can made these programs. And Lee's site is in the first place of my favourites in the browser and I check every day for something new and when there is I try it and I'm happy like kid opening it's Christmas present :D

• 3 years later...

Hello everyone,

I'm using ACA2015 and wanted to suggest the following solution to the problem... I can't tell if this works for previous versions of the software:

METHOD #1

1. Select *all* objects in drawing

2. Right-click somewhere to bring up the context menu

3. Choose "Annotative Objet Scales" --> "Add/delete Scales..."

4. In the list that appears, highlight every single scale that you want to get rid of and then click the "delete" button on the right

Note that there should be at least one scale left on the drawing.

METHOD #2

As long as your drawing can be saved to a previous version that doesn't support annotations (eg. 2004) and reopened, you can set SAVEFIDELITY sysvar to 0 before exporting and then reopening the file will get you rid of all annotation scales but the one that was active at the time of export.

Let me know what you thing... ;)

• 1 month later...

I have a more specific request.

Would it be possible to delete all invisible annotative scales from multiple objects.

For example if I have a detail at 1:10 and another at 1:20 in the same file, and all annotative scales are visibly correct but some objects have additional, unused scales, could a script remove all unused scales from individual objects (with different visible scales)?

Thanks for considering!

For example if I have a detail at 1:10 and another at 1:20 in the same file, and all annotative scales are visibly correct but some objects have additional, unused scales, could a script remove all unused scales from individual objects (with different visible scales)?
Isn't that what the ScaleListEdit command does for you?

Quickest way is to force the command-line version by prefixing the command with a minus sign, thus (copy of the ACad command-lines):

Command: -SCALELISTEDIT
Enter option [?/Add/Delete/Reset/Exit] <Add>: d
Enter scale name to delete or * to delete all unused scales: *
Enter option [?/Add/Delete/Reset/Exit] <Add>: e

So if you want a script, then add the following into a blank text file (i.e. type exactly what you'd have typed in the ACad command window):

-SCALELISTEDIT
D
E

Save the file and ensure its extension is SCR. Then you can run it using the Script command.

Or you can add it as a macro to your menus / toolbars / ribbon. The macro code would be:

-SCALELISTEDIT;Delete;*;Exit

If you want it as an AutoLisp "script", then define it as a command-tied function:

(defun c:DelUnusedScales (/)
 (command ".-SCALELISTEDIT" "_Delete" "*" "_Exit")
 (princ)
)

Then save it in a LSP file which you have loaded automatically (search this forum for how to do so in various ways). Then in each drawing you'd have a new command called DelUnusedScales which would execute if you typed it in, or added it as macro to some CUI interface object.

This deletes all scales from the drawing which hasn't been assigned to anything. However it will leave the original scale as well, usually that would be the 1:1 scale unless you've renamed it.