Zoom Variables

Squirltech

I've searched the forum but came up empty handed...

Isn't there a variable in C3D that sets whether or not you snap to actual elevations or not?

First of all, I'm new to C3D but have ran LDD 09 for years. I have imported points in C3D flattened to an elevation of 0. (planimetrics only) When I draw a line by point range, the line will be at an obscene elevation, either positive or negative. If I use the CHANGE command and reset the elevation of the line to 0, then the line is at the actual elevation of the points (~1075.00). It's just a frustrating part of getting used to C3D but I want to know how to handle it.

Thanks everyone!

OSNAPZ (in vanilla) ignores the actual Z value and snaps to 0 elevation relative to the current UCS, maybe C3D is different?

I checked OSNAPZ and it was 0.

Now when I draw a line by point range, it snaps the line to the elevation to the point. When I draw a PL, the line is at the elevation of 0. Not sure what's going on. I'm pretty sure it's a variable somewhere though that I'm just not seeing.

This could be a few different things I think. What is the current value of the ELEV system variable? The value assigned to ELEV is used when creating new objects, such as a polyline.

The other factor to look at is what the current UCS is set to. It does not sound like the current problem, but if the UCS is moved away from the World value and then back it affects the coordinates at which objects are created.