dim and text to heavy

hertz hound

I am having a problem with dimension lines and text coming out to thick when plotted or exported to a pdf. I first thought the problem was because I used my own dim style and dim text style (non-annotative). So I tried again with the standard dim style (annotative) and I am having the same problem. Everything looks great in a model space view, and still looks great when I drag the view to a sheet. I can see the problem when I do a plot preview. And it looks just as bad when I plot it. I tried for a little bit to change the line type scale in the dim style but that didn’t help. I think I was using the regular dimensioning tool and not the AEC dimensioning tools. I am using the AECB sheet template that has been modified for the title block and nothing else. I don’t think it is possible the paper space view port is scaled to big? There is five view ports scaled to ¼” = 1’, plus a table that was placed on the sheet not in a viewport, all on a 24x36. The table has the same problem as the dimensions. Does anybody have any ideas? The drawing is due Monday!!!