Raster Image later displays as the file name only

darrellk-1

Running AutoCAD 2004, XP Pro

I have inserted our company logo into the title block as a Raster image. The logo is png, and I have tried retaining the path and not retaining the path with the same result.:oops: After saving this as a template, I reopen as new sheet to start a drawing and the logo is now the path name. I have erased and reinserted the logo countless times and sometimes it sticks, other times not so much. Help!:?

If I remember well, I saw a similar discussion on issues over linking images into templates. My try to do a search on the Forum.

The advantages of linking the image instead of embedding it are on the size of drawing (smaller) and overall control - you can change the logo in one place and will be updated when re-open a drawing. If those doesn't count for you, then may try to embed it - open the logo in an editor (i.e. MSPaint), copy the content into Clipboard and paste it into the drawing. Save as template. Now it will be there when will start a new drawing. On the size matter, this should not be critical for a logo; if it doesn't go to be changed over time, then the update will not be also a problem.