homasa

Hello PPL

I need to optimize my work and i have a lot of blocks to count so i decided to give lisp a try (i am a nneewwwbbiieee).

How can i select "blocks made of attribute entities" or "plain attributes entities"?

Real life example:

1) prompt the user to give a name and a number ( name of entity/block and a number )

2) by using what the user prompt I wanna it to select a set of blocks or entities ( the best solution you consider ) that match:

a) Tag ( name)

b) value ( number)

sorry for my english, am i making any sense at all???

regards

Since you cannot ssget filter for ATTRIButes, you must step thru all of the INSERTS that have sequential ATTRIButes.

[b][color=BLACK]([/color][/b]defun c:findaval [b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]/ tag val ss en ed an ad at av[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]while [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]or [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]not tag[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
            [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]not [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]snvalid tag[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
        [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq tag [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]strcase [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]getstring [color=#2f4f4f]"\nTag Name:   "[/color][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]setq val [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]getstring t [color=#2f4f4f]"\nAttribute Value:   "[/color][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]

[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]and [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq ss [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssget [color=#2f4f4f]"X"[/color] '[b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]0 . [color=#2f4f4f]"INSERT"[/color][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]66 . 1[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]setq is [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssadd[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b]
      [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]while [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq en [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]ssname ss 0[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]setq ed [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   an [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entnext en[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                   ad [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]entget an[b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]while [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]= [color=#2f4f4f]"ATTRIB"[/color] [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 0 ad[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]setq av [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 1 ad[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                          at [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]cdr [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]assoc 2 ad[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]and [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]= [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]strcase at[b][color=RED])[/color][/b] tag[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                         [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]= [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]strcase av[b][color=RED])[/color][/b] val[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                         [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]not [b][color=RED]([/color][/b]ssmemb en is[b][color=RED])[/color][/b][b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                         [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]ssadd en is[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b]
                    [b][color=GREEN]([/color][/b]setq an [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]entnext an[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b]
                          ad [b][color=BLUE]([/color][/b]entget an[b][color=BLUE])[/color][/b][b][color=GREEN])[/color][/b][b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b]
             [b][color=MAROON]([/color][/b]ssdel en ss[b][color=MAROON])[/color][/b][b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1 [b][color=NAVY]([/color][/b]sslength is[b][color=NAVY])[/color][/b][b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b]
[b][color=FUCHSIA]([/color][/b]prin1[b][color=FUCHSIA])[/color][/b][b][color=BLACK])[/color][/b]

The PICKSET is contains the ename(s) of the matching entities. HTH -David

Hello David, thx for the reply

this routine gives me the number of blocks that have that attributes, correct ??

i am sorry because i induced you in error because i wanna count them visually ..... by that i mean that it select all them containing these values.. sorry

by the way i found that using this code works if the attdef isnt a block yet...

(defun c:teste ()

(sssetfirst nil (ssget "_X" '((0 . "ATTDEF")(2 . "QPP3")(1 . "201"))))

(princ)

)

this is simplier than your code, can it be done with blocks also or i do have to do as you say????

sorry i am really newbie at lisp..

regards

This ... ?

(defun c:Test (/ n v ss s in sn nx e)
 ;;; Tharwat 16. Aug. 2012 ;;;
 (if
   (and (not
          (eq (setq n (getstring "\n Name of Attributed Block :")) "")
        )
        (not (eq (setq v (getstring "\n Attribute Value :")) ""))
        (setq ss (ssget "_x" (list '(0 . "INSERT") '(66 . 1) (cons 2 n))))
        (setq s (ssadd))
   )
    (repeat (setq in (sslength ss))
      (setq sn (ssname ss (setq in (1- in))))
      (setq nx (entnext sn))
      (while (not (eq (cdr (assoc 0 (setq e (entget nx))))
                      "SEQEND"
                  )
             )
        (if (eq (cdr (assoc 1 e)) v)
          (ssadd sn s)
        )
        (setq nx (entnext nx))
      )
    )
    (cond ((not n) (princ "\n Error .. cancel by the user !!"))
          ((not v) (princ "\n Error .. cancel by the user !!"))
          (t (princ "\n Couldn't find and any block !!"))
    )
 )
 (if (and s (> (sslength s) 0))
   (sssetfirst nil s)
   (princ "\n Nothing matched your inputs !!")
 )
 (princ)
)

David, Tharwat

Thx you guys very much for the input.

I really thought it was much simple ....

Thx alot again

regards

p.s. still have a lot, a lot to learn ... hehe

Hello ,

i am trying to also inform the user that there are X number of blocks found but this gives me error...."; error: bad argument type: stringp 1"

why?

(defun c:Test (/ n v ss s in sn nx e h)
 (if
   (and (not
        )
        (setq s (ssadd))
   )
      (setq nx (entnext sn))
                      "SEQEND"
                  )
             )
          (ssadd sn s)
        )
        (setq nx (entnext nx))
      )
    )
    )
 )
   (sssetfirst nil s)
 )
(setq h (sslength s))  
(alert (strcat "\nNumber of Blocks Found = " h))
 (princ)
)

thx in advanced

untested , try it like this ....

(if (and s (> (sslength s) 0))     (progn
    (sssetfirst nil s)
    (alert (strcat "\nNumber of Blocks Found = " " < " (sslength s) " > ")) )
(princ "\n Nothing matched your inputs !!")   )   (princ) )

(defun c:Test (/ n v ss s in sn nx e)
 (if
   (and (not
        )
        (setq s (ssadd))
   )
      (setq nx (entnext sn))
                      "SEQEND"
                  )
             )
          (ssadd sn s)
        )
        (setq nx (entnext nx))
      )
    )
    )
 )
   (progn
     (sssetfirst nil s)
     (alert (strcat "\nNumber of Blocks Found = "
                    " < "
                    (itoa (sslength s))
                    " > "
            )
     )
   )
 )
 (princ)
)

Thx a Lot Tharwat

that works great

this will help me very much hehehe

now i am trying to change a script (txt2att) that will create those blocks like take a piece of text and then convert to att and to block..

if i cant do it i will return to the forum.

Thx very much again

regards

hello again Tharwat

in fact i need just one more thing :

this searches all of the blocks inside the drawing correct?

is this possible to narrow the search to selected items, like the qselect does???

or explaining better select a bunch of objects ( including text) and then it only verifies on that selection....???

can this be done??

thx in advanced

Just remove the "_x" from the code .

if you need the code to select texts also , you should add more codes to obtain that .

(setq ss (ssget [color=red][b]"_x"[/b][/color] (list '(0 . "INSERT") '(66 . 1) (cons 2 n))))

sorry Tharwat

i was with my mind in another thing....no select text but blocks. please excuse me.

but after a bit of research of what you said instead of removing "_x" i substituted for "_w" and now it works like i wanna him to.

Thx alot you save my day .. again :)

Just remove the "_x" from the code .

if you need the code to select texts also , you should add more codes to obtain that .

(setq ss (ssget [color=red][b]"_x"[/b][/color] (list '(0 . "INSERT") '(66 . 1) (cons 2 n))))