Linestyles with text not displaying properly

We use linestyles for utilities such as w for water, s for sewer etc. linestyles look like --w--w--w--w--. in Autocod 2004, if you reverse direction of line or rotate line 180 degrees drawn with this linestyle, the w's would look like m's because text reversed with line (this is what i want to happen) in Autocad 2012 and 2013, when i draw a line with the same linestyle, the text will not reverse, even if i manually rotate the line 180 degrees, the w still reads w and not m. is this a system variable, mirrtext did not help. thanks for any help John

For 2004 you'll need a lisp routine to reverse the line and keep the text right-reading. I've seen a couple around.

I'm feeling helpful. Click on the link below. Find, download then use SWAPLINE.lsp and all your troubles should go away. And it's free!

http://www.dotsoft.com/freestuff.htm

Edited by ReMark

In AutoCAD 2012 and 2013, are you using the linetypes supplied by AutoCAD? There was a new text rotation factor where the text is always upright.

You should have a look at the linetype definition and see what is happening.

thanks but I want to able to reverse text in 2013 , the text is fine in model space but in paper with viewport rotated the linestyle is vertical and text in linestyle is reading from left side of page instead of right.

I don't think that there is a system variable that controls the readability of the text.

You want to start with looking at the linetype definition text file, and seeing whether there is a "U" factor or an "R" factor associated with the text letter.

If there is a "U" factor, then try changing it for a "R" factor.