Offline working with Inventor

james 172

Hi all

I'm looking for a best practice solution for working from home on Inventor files.

I am currently using a VPN but as you can imagine it's painfully slow on anything bigger than single parts or assemblies.

What do you guys use when working away from the office?

You could try something like Dropbox or Google drive to sync your folders. You set up windows to do this with your company server. You could check out the Autodesk cloud documents site, or use Vault to copy files locally. Essentially, all of these options copy the files locally to work on while you are out of the office, rather than relying on the internet connection speed.

Lots of options :) let us know how you get on!

You did not specify what OS you're using, but have you considered using Offline Files? :unsure:

I sync my support structure, and any applicable project folders (from the office network) to my work laptop via Offline Files, and litterally never need to log into VPN when working from home, as I am 'offline'. When I get back to the office, the files are synced back to the network location, and I work 'online'.

HTH