Inserting Dynamic Blocks

perieye

I am a bit of a dynamic block novice but I am having a problem with the blocks I have been creating in AutoCAD 2008. I set up the blocks correctly, and saved them as separate files in my block library. They work just fine in the file I created them in but when I insert these blocks into a new drawing, they lose their dynamic qualities. Not sure if i'm missing a step in the creation of my blocks or what. If you have any suggestions I could use some help :)

two things spring to mind

are they blocks within a block - if you explode them do they regain their properties

have they been inserted at 1:1 or another scale? If the X, Y & Z scales are not identical they stop being dynamic. There is a buggette in AutoCAD where the Z scale doesn't equal X & Y when scaling in block (about the 8th significant place). Modify the Z scale by hand to get it equal to the others.

They are drawn at 1:1 scale in all planes (xyz)...when i bring them into a drawing the dynamic blocks turn into just blocks without any parameters or actions associated with them.

the problem i'm having is, when you insert it into another drawing using the insert block command, it loses its parameters and actiona and becomes a regular block...

I see what u mean, after bringing it in you can explode the block, then you have the DB parameters back, have you thought about putting your block on a toolpalette? this avoids this problem,

as I suspected, you have a block within a block. When I tried to insert your file I got a "Block references itself" error message. To avoid this you can either explode the block and save the drawing or WBLOCK what you have into a new file.