Cache file, Change location

Lannabulls

How can i change cache folder location on 3DS Max 2013?

help file says go to:

"Utilities panel> Utilities rollout> Asset Browser button> File menu> Preferences"

In my utilities Panel i dont have a utilities rollout window!

Probably i dont understanbd exactly what the help file says or i look in a wrong place, sorry no experience at all, just begun with 3ds a few weeks ago,

can you hel please?

Thanks a lot!

Click the "Utilities" button. Once you click that button you are in the "Utilities Rollout".

Click the "Asset Browser" button, then go to the "File" menu and select "Preferences".

Utilities.jpg

Thanks a lot Cad64,

kind and helpfull as always!

Cause i have 4 different hard disks as i do normally with every pakage that allow it, i move the cache file to another hard disk than the one used for installation.

one more question,

what about the cache for partycle system, in 2013 edition i can move this cache file as well however, i read the help file, sorry i dont understand, i mean how can i open particle viewer, where i find the setting to change this cache file place?

thanks!

Edited by Lannabulls