Text displays and prints with outline only.

the_real_ptb

I have a .shx font from our state DOT that I need to include on my sheets. The problem is on some drawings it is filled (like I want) and on others it is open (which is bad). The text is located in the layout tab. I've tried all of the following regular fixes with no luck:

Set the FILL command to on.

Set the FILLMODE system variable to 1.

Set the TEXTFILL system variable to 1.

In the Plot dialog box, clear Hide Objects.

Turn off the Hideplot property of the viewport.

I am guessing the problem is drawing specific bacuause I can copy the text back and forth between good and bad drawings and the fill comes and goes.

empty.pngThe same text object in 2 different drawings.

I also exported my system variables from the good and bad drawings and compared the two and none of the variables that matter were different.

I would just copy the drawings over into my good template and be done with it, but I have a large number of files that were created around the office that now have outlined text and don't have the time to monkey around copying all the drawings over to the good template. I know the long term solution is to get people to do things right in the first place, but in the mean time I'm hoping to be able to just change a variable and have the text be filled.

Does anyone know of any other solutions or settings other than the regulars listed above that might fix my text?

Thanks for any help.

pencil.png

filled.png

I have a similar problem with 2013 older versions ok plot 1 sheet at a time ok using a autoplot routine (not publish) pdf's are ok but to printer no textfill, reset the textfill & fillmode to make sure within lsp.

Are there two versions of the font? I have a font that comes in both filled and unfilled style. The only way you can tell the difference between the two is by looking at the font name.

It is something to do with your Text Style.

I deleted the non-filled text and did a purge, then a copy and paste of the filled and it was filled.

Thanks. I tried purging and then pasting and it did the trick. That will definately be quicker than trying to copy files over into a new drawing. I'm thinking that this problem drawing may have been converted over from Microstation which may explain how the text style could have been damaged. If it happens in the future I'll have a quick way to fix it, plus I'll be tipped off that whoever created the drawing is cutting corners by scabbing old drawings instead of creating new files from the template. Thanks again.