Can´t draw a correct arc length,please help.

miroslav_s

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• neophoible

• Lee Mac

• miroslav_s

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very impressive Lee. This is just what I had been talking about not being able to do earlier in another thread, because I didn't see an algebraic solution forthcoming.

After a bit of research, I discovered that equations of the form derived above cannot be solved algebraically, but you can use Newton's Method to solve the following relationship numerically:

<chord-length>/<arc-length> = sin(x)/x

This method is described here.

Yes, this is what I had been told in general. Thanks for the specifics!

Bottom line, it looks like it IS doable in AutoCAD, IF you have someone like Lee Mac to program it for you! Thanks again, Lee.

This is just what I had been talking about not being able to do earlier in another thread, because I didn't see an algebraic solution forthcoming.

I think that in the other thread, because you had not seen a picture, you had not grasped the simplicity of its solution.

Bottom line, it looks like it IS doable in AutoCAD, IF you have someone like Lee Mac to program it for you! Thanks again, Lee.

You're very welcome neophoible - thank you for your compliments :)

I think that in the other thread, because you had not seen a picture, you had not grasped the simplicity of its solution.
Yes, the other thread was not actually about this problem initially, though it was unclear to me because, as you said, the pic was completely missing in my browser.

And of course that discussion, though misdirected, led back to this one, which led to Lee Mac solving what I had been looking for. All's well that ends well.