Church WIP - help, please?

AlienBZ

I've modeled so far what looks to me the church where I got saved, that is this church for my movie (top photo).

and as you see, this church has a diagonal roof (pitched roof) so I did this (bottom photo)

to try to make the triangle boxes for the pitched roof. I have no problem adding up/down, L/R segments to my boxes but how do I add diagonal segments?

Thanks in advance.

capture_01242013_071510.jpg

capture_01242013_071455.jpg

Ok, I did this

capture_01252013_173813.jpg

to the roof faces, but i made these diagonal lines in only one direction, yet five minutes ago when I tried to follow that video after I made a flat box resting on the floor of the church I accidentally created the diagonal lines (I think they're segments) going in both directions, but it was trial and error and I don't remember hoiw exactly I did that.

How does anyone know how I created these bi-directional diagonal lines five minutes ago?

stumped.

First of all, why do you insist on using that "Edit Patch" modifier? Get rid of it. You do not need it. All you're doing is making things more complicated than they need to be. In fact, that modifier may be what's causing the diagonals.

I would suggest that you delete the modifier, delete the object and make a new one. And stop using that modifier.

First of all, why do you insist on using that "Edit Patch" modifier? Get rid of it. You do not need it. All you're doing is making things more complicated than they need to be. In fact, that modifier may be what's causing the diagonals.

I would suggest that you delete the modifier, delete the object and make a new one. And stop using that modifier.

I wanted to create these diagonals so I could go to face/element select, select a triangular outline on that object (faces of object/box that connect the building with the roof surfaces) and then delete them so as to have a triangular shaped box on which the roof objects will sit on top as 2 boxes on each side of the roof pitch).

I used that edit patch editor b/c I was trying to follow that video on how to make the pitched roof.

I used that edit patch editor b/c I was trying to follow that video on how to make the pitched roof.

I just watched that video and I did not see him use an edit patch modifier to create the roof.