Rendering, what program to use and how?

Nick-H-

I have been trying to do a redering of a plantroom I have just done, I have seen a few on the internet with the building transparent which looks quite cool. but not sure if I can do this as my building is linked in.

the only way I have managed to do it, is if I turn off the building and then render but it looks ok but not how I want it really.

I hear its better to use navisworks, but not sure how to?

I have attached what I have done.

Nick

plant rendering 1.pdf

It is NOT better to do in Navisworks. Revit can do this just fine. Just attach a transparent material to the components that make up the building. This can be daunting though so be careful. Depending on what type of render you saw, people may have generated the render in a different rendering application.

It is NOT better to do in Navisworks. Revit can do this just fine. Just attach a transparent material to the components that make up the building. This can be daunting though so be careful. Depending on what type of render you saw, people may have generated the render in a different rendering application.

is there no way of just fading the revit link through the filters?

Also I set a material colour to the pumps and they dont seem to come out right.

one more, is there a way to colour the pipes in the render?

cheers

You have to understand "rendering". I'm a complete novice at it, technically, and I am more experienced than a lot of the general Revit or AutoCAD users about rendering. What I can tell you is that Revit doesn't offer a lot of options for true "rendering".

What you see on your screen, technically is being rendered by the application with filters. But when you produce a render, then you're entering into a whole new realm of rendering. You can fade a building easily while working in Revit with transparency tools and slider bars. But when you produce a render from the Render tool, then the Materials applied is what matters most and things can get wonky on you in a hurry. If you go into the editor of any Material you'll find the options under Shading to adjust the material transparency.

Revit comes packaged with mental ray, which is the rendering engine used to produce realistic renders. AutoCAD has more options and give you more freedom in adjusting render settings than Revit does. And AutoCAD is still a very stripped down version of the mental ray rendering engine.

Anyways, the answer to all three of your questions is to get into the Materials.

You have to understand "rendering". I'm a complete novice at it, technically, and I am more experienced than a lot of the general Revit or AutoCAD users about rendering. What I can tell you is that Revit doesn't offer a lot of options for true "rendering".

What you see on your screen, technically is being rendered by the application with filters. But when you produce a render, then you're entering into a whole new realm of rendering. You can fade a building easily while working in Revit with transparency tools and slider bars. But when you produce a render from the Render tool, then the Materials applied is what matters most and things can get wonky on you in a hurry. If you go into the editor of any Material you'll find the options under Shading to adjust the material transparency.

Revit comes packaged with mental ray, which is the rendering engine used to produce realistic renders. AutoCAD has more options and give you more freedom in adjusting render settings than Revit does. And AutoCAD is still a very stripped down version of the mental ray rendering engine.

Anyways, the answer to all three of your questions is to get into the Materials.

How do I go about rendering from a camerta view? I takene a camera shot and clicked render and it just comes out black :?

do i have to place ligthing in the plantroom? if so how

cheers again