Change the look of multiple MvPart sizes in planview?

cadludde

Hi!

I would like to change the plan view "appearence" for lets say dampers in all sizes.

Do I have to change each plan-view block or can I change all sizes at once?

What would be the best way to do this?

/P

Is there no one who have changed the plan representation of a parametric MvPart?

I tried to add geometry in the Content Builder but nothing turns up in model.

I found some valves that use 2D geometry in plan view, but I can´t figure out what makes them different?

Kind regards

Patrik

Select the object, right-click, choose "Edit MvPart Style" and go to the Views Tab. Select the new Block in the "View Block" Dropdown menu, and select the Display Representation you're in below (usually Plan). Click okay and you should be good to go.

This is just a quick override. It's best to build this into the MvPart itself.

:)

Select the object, right-click, choose "Edit MvPart Style" and go to the Views Tab. Select the new Block in the "View Block" Dropdown menu, and select the Display Representation you're in below (usually Plan). Click okay and you should be good to go.

This is just a quick override. It's best to build this into the MvPart itself.

:)

Thanks for the answer. That seems to only work for the chosen style (one size) though.. I would like to change the way dampers look in 2D Planviews (for all sizes) since we dont use "empty" rectangles for this. (same with valves and mufflers/silencers)

I looked at 20 videos from Adesk on how to create parametric MvParts, but still nothing mentioned about how to get a custom 2D block for the plan view in there..?

Maybe I need to insert schematic symbols somehow..

I realized it´s probobly too much to go through in a forum, I will keep practicing.. :)

What you need to do to make this work for a parametric part is create the graphics that you want parametrically on the symbol plane in the content builder. Then make sure to set the option to Display Symbol in Plan View for the part in question. This is found under the options button. (top right corner of the palette in content builder).

BTW, new to 2013 is the ability to create a symbol plane for each view. Top, Left, and Front.

What you need to do to make this work for a parametric part is create the graphics that you want parametrically on the symbol plane in the content builder. Then make sure to set the option to Display Symbol in Plan View for the part in question. This is found under the options button. (top right corner of the palette in content builder).

BTW, new to 2013 is the ability to create a symbol plane for each view. Top, Left, and Front.

Thanks Keith!

I will keep trying and learning more about parametric part creation.. Not the most intuitive workflow I think.. :)

/P

Not the most intuitive workflow I think..
Parametric part creation in AutoCAD MEP are not intuitive. This is the area were Revit shines, however. :)

Parametric part creation in AutoCAD MEP are not intuitive. This is the area were Revit shines, however. :)

Yes, i too will walk down that path soon :)

However, there is currently no Swedish content in Revit MEP at all, so all families have to be created from scratch..

We also use display by elevation with different linetypes and some other standard differences, so there´s lots of work to be done before Revit MEP can be used in projects..

Many consultants use 3D party solutions but there is nothing really good on Revit MEP yet..

Lots of Architects and Constructors use Revit though, since the localization is quite good there..

/P

However, there is currently no Swedish content in Revit MEP at all, so all families have to be created from scratch..
We also use display by elevation with different linetypes and some other standard differences, so there´s lots of work to be done before Revit MEP can be used in projects..
Many consultants use 3D party solutions but there is nothing really good on Revit MEP yet..
I beg to differ with all the above. ;)