Help with unwrap UVW

Nitro

I’m a beginner when it comes to 3DS max and despite looking at a few tutorials they all seem to have different approaches when it comes to the unwrap UVW process. Could someone please have a look at my file and tell me what the best and easiest way for me to unwrap would be?

I’ve already assigned each face of the object as best I can using the “set ID” function but when I open the open UV editor I become very confused as the lines are all jumbled together and I can’t make any sense of it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.4shared.com/file/EklgLndM/ship2.html

There are too many questions over the same thing, because of this I've made some tutorials to simplify the explanation process.

Check out this UVW map tutorial i produced to help another CADTutor member on UVW mapping.

Sorry but I have no idea how to download your file from that site. Apparently I have to sign up in order to use that service, and I'm just not going to do that.

There are lots of free tutorials online covering unwrapping in Studio Max: https://www.google.com/#hl=en&sclient=psy-ab&q=3ds+max+unwrap+uvw+tutorial&oq=3ds+max+unwrap+uvw&gs_l=hp.1.1.0l4.500.6137.0.8787.18.15.0.3.3.0.216.1654.9j5j1.15.0...0.0...1c.1.7.psy-ab.19XyNzcwFLs&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.44011176,d.cGE&fp=c29d8618f1f7706a&biw=1544&bih=805