.ctb Files missing in transition from Autocad 2007-2013

rnc_0802

Hi there,

My place of work recently changed from Autocad 2007 to Autocad 2013 (big jump.. i know), when we try to plot old drawings the .ctb files that were used in 2007 now says missing beside it. We also only have a few options in regards to .ctb files, whereas in older versions we had hundreds to choose from. Does anyone know of a function to get our old .ctb files back or where to download them?

Try to do a search for "*.CTB" on your workstations; with a little of luck, those weren't removed at un-installation. Not sure if on that version were still stored into AutoCAD's installation folder or under user's profile.

The CTB files, with the exception of a few shipped with AutoCAD, were created by the users to suit their standards. Some of them may be your company specific, so may have a backup of them; some may be received from clients, so may ask them to re-ship. You may try also to rebuild them by knowing how the colors used in drawings should be plotted - I mean thickness of the lines.

I'm pretty sure that there is no such place to download CTB files - even if will find some on the Internet, chances are to don't match your drawings.

For the future, make sure to create a backup of your custom settings from time to time. Even better, while building your library, try to store it on a server shared drive and point all AutoCAD workstations to access from there - see in Options --> Files --> Printer Support File Path --> Plot Style Table Search Path.