Scalelistedit not working.... Autocad 2008

All my drawings have loads and loads of obsolete scales on them. Trouble is, when I run the scalelistedit function, Autocad 2008 comes up with the following message:

'Unhandled exception has occurred in a component of your drawing.

If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.

Index was outside the bounds of the array.'

This is driving me nuts because I don't know what this means and the long scale list is slowing down my work (especially when I 'copy-paste' bits of drawing from one autocad file to another.:cry:

Would highly appreciate if anybody on the forum could help get my scalelistedit function working again!

No problem.

If you have an acaddoc.lsp file, put that line of code in there and it will run at the startup for each file. If you don't have that file, create it in Notepad, paste in that line of code and put the file in a support path.

Do you have service pack 1 installed for AutoCAD 2008?

The first service pack fixed the scale lists from xrefs (as far as I can remember) but you still need that in the startup to keep the scalelist clean. Either way, if there is a service pack for whatever version one is running they should install it.

Thanks for the extra tip. The line is now consigned to posterity in my personal acaddoc.lsp!

Now fill it with macros and code to make your life easier. :)

I am forced to use 2008 at work. The scale list problem is a known issue. SP1 didn't completely fix things. We have SP1 and the hotfix for the xref issue and they still get bloated. We use a lot of xrefs too. Since we run AutoCAD LT 2008 we can't run a bunch of code to fix things. My solution when a drawing gets bloated, is to copy the drawing to my laptop, open it in 2009, reset the scale list, and then copy it back to the server. Then I try to remember to reset the scale list at the end of each edit session. I know it's a rigged up solution, but cheez this bunch could afford some new software, believe me.