Rotate UCS problem

ccable

Hey Guys,

I have a .idw with a part detailed. Base view is "front" of part. All other views come from the base view (ie only 1 base view). I want to replace the part with another similar part using "replace model reference" of the .idw on the manage tab. However the part I want to replace was not modeled in the same planes ie it is 90 degrees different in the x axis, so when it comes into the .idw it is not the same, it is 90 deg out so my drawing looses all the dims and annotations etc. Is there a way of rotating the model to be the same as the model it will be replacing. I dont want to have to re-do the drawing as I have alot to do. Any help appreciated.

Try this and report back the results.

In the part file set the orientation of the part with what YOU want as the Top or Front view of the part.

Right click on the face of the View Cube and select as appropriate. (please report back as I haven't tried this and want to know if it works for the idw problem)

Front.png

Hi thanks for the reply, I have already tried this but it does not work. The part will change but when it is put into the .idw it retains the original planes/ucs.

There is one other option, but highly unlikely that it will work.

Right click the first sketch and select Redefine and select different work plane. This will only work if the part is a very simple part from one sketch or all geometry is dependent on preceeding geometry.

BTW - you should always mention EVERYTHING you have already tried. Sure glad I didn't waste my time trying my first suggestion.