Help with Simple project: Bevels and Exact measurements and proportions

tone1125

Hey guys,

This is my first post, I'd like some help with a project i'm working on.

Edited by tone1125

Traffic at CADTutor tends to be light during the weekends. Hope the delayed response hasn't discouraged you.

I guess I'm not exactly sure what's needed: Is this the shape you are going for?

IMPart.jpg

Thats exactly what i'm looking for. I have included an updated completed drawings of the three different models i'm making. How do i export like that with the dimensions?

On the end of the shape I want a rounded bevel though.

thanks,

anthony

Edited by tone1125

I figured out the dimensions thing, I need help exporting to pdf though, The lines are super thick and that when i export the drawing now.

You have many points that should be coincident - but are not.

ANSI dimensioning standard is to suppress leading zero on dimensions less than 1. Example 0.9000 should be .9000 and probably shouldn't dimension out to 4 decimal places (very expensive to manufacture) I recommend you change all decimals to three decimal places ex. .900 and most probably to one or two places.

Angle dimensions that don't mean anything to me.

Missing radius dimensions.

trims.jpg

I would also learn about layers and setting color and lineweight by layers.

thanks jd, this is the first time i have opened autocad, is there a shortcut or operation to fix those points or do i have to do it manually to each one? what are the standard attributes I should be using as far as line weights, colors, etc?

thanks for all your time and help! much appreciated!

....what are the standard attributes I should be using as far as line weights, colors, !

Q1 I have found that the fastest method by far is to do it right the first time, but you are still in learning mode.

Q2 requires a question - what country are you working in? Most in USA would use ANSI/ASME standards for the dimensioning and lineweight.

Many if not all or most of these specifications can be found in the Machinery's Handbook or probably on some website and in any good Technical Drafting textbook.

If you go to the store an purchase mechanical pencils you can get .7mm, .5mm and .3mm - so that is what I like to use on my drawings.

.7mm for the border, titleblock boundaries, .5mm for object lines and .25mm (rounds to .3mm) for hidden lines, centerlines, dimensions/annotations.