Window will not extend to 2m

Vagulus

I am trying to get a window (dynamic block) in a wall.

Short Window.jpg

I can get it to rotate to the axis of the wall.

I can get it to fit the thickness of the wall.

I am darned if I can get it to fill the full 2m allocated (upper solid line).

It seems a window can only be 1.5m wide, but that seems a bit odd:ouch:.

How di I control this?

Thanks

In the block editor select the distance parameter and check in the properties whether there is a max distance assigned or not. or Possibly there is a list of acceptable widths for the window with 1.5 being the largest assigned.

If not then post the block.

I do not understand what you mean by "post the block".

I tried what I think you mean as the block editor and got this

No Editable Attributes.jpg

Where do I go from here?

Sorry, no windows smaller than 500 meters. :)

I kept poking around and I wound up somewhere, and I'm not sure where. I THINK this window was giving me the permitted dimensions of a window.

Allowed Window Dimensions.jpg

Since I am working in metres, I think this means that I can fit a window up to 900m long in a wall up to 100m think. Therefore, assuming this to be correct, I should be able to get the window 2m wide in a 150mm concrete block wall.

Yes?

If all that makes sense, why can't I stretch the window?:ouch:

I kept poking around and I wound up somewhere, and I'm not sure where. I THINK this window was giving me the permitted dimensions of a window.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]43067[/ATTACH]

Since I am working in metres, I think this means that I can fit a window up to 900m long in a wall up to 100m think. Therefore, assuming this to be correct, I should be able to get the window 2m wide in a 150mm concrete block wall.

Yes?

The padlocks displayed indicate that those dimensionsal constraints are locked and cannot be modified, without UNLOCKING those parameters.

Your wall thickness is dimensionally constrained to 100, I am thinking mms, not feet, and your door width is likewise

dimensionally constrained to 900 units of width.

I believe you used the -dwgunits command previously?

That command will clarify the units in which you are working.

Metric drawings in Autocad typically default to mms, unless you have

changed that to meters. If that is your intention you could do it with

the -dwgunits command.

constraint settings.JPG

Yes?

The screenshot indicates you are inside the block editor. The "900" and "100" do not indicate the min/max dimensions, they indicate the "actual" dimensions the block was drawn at. While inside the block editor, open the properties palette, and you'll see the block is designated millimeters. With the properties palette still open, click on the blue dimensional constraint (900), and the Properties palette will display a section named "Value Set" with entries from 300 to 1500. Those list entries (in millimeters) are constraining the window to only those preset sizes. You can edit the list by clicking the ellipsis button (3 dots), then close the block editor, saving your changes. You can also change the dimensional constraints from a "List" of preset sizes to "Increment" and then set min/max allowable sizes.

Re: "post the block".

The respondent is asking you to attach a copy of the block (a DWG file) to one of your future posts so it can be viewed and analyzed by forum members.

Re: "post the block".

The respondent is asking you to attach a copy of the block (a DWG file) to one of your future posts so it can be viewed and analyzed by forum members.

Thanks for clarifying that.