Styles Editor For Multiple Users

kpyoung333

This is something that I haven't seen or figured out why it comes up. On my computer everything is fine and I can updates the styles and they stay usable on my machine. On the second machine he gets this error message when he gets on. I have tried to export the styles, but it still comes up. We went one by one and matched everything but some errors still showed up. More annoying than anything, is there a simple way for us to share the styles and be able to both update them? I have read a ton but not found anything that addresses this pop up. I would think we save our styles file in a communal location and that is it, but apparently I am missing something.

Capture.JPG

• 1 month later...

The stuff that's in your styles library isn't necessarily the same as what's saved in your templates or in your existing drawings.

If there's a style in the library and one in the drawing template that both have the same name but are not identical, Inventor will ignore what's in the style library and use what's in the template instead. Basically what you need to do here is update your template from the styles that you've saved to your network location.