mailing a dwg. file

jamos

Good day

How can I make a drawing in dwg. Format, smaller, for emailing it?

The other thing: I'm still struggeling with annotative dimensioning.

Say for excample, I draw a 220mm brick wall and then scale it to twice the size, in other words it will apear in paperspace at scale 1:50. Now, if I want to dimension it in modelspace and I choose a annotatve scale dimension at the right scale, the dimension itself is correct, in other words: it appears also twice in size. But the value is now 440mm and not 220mm. How can I fix this?

Thanx for helping our newbies. I do appreciate it.

The solution to your problem regarding scale is to utilize a paper space layout and one or more floating viewports. It's the viewports that a scale is assigned to as everything over in model space should be drawn full size. If you show the brick wall in two viewports, each with its own scale, then your annotative text and dimensions back in model space need to have those same two scales assigned to them as well.

Re: make drawing smaller for emailing. Try file compression (zip).

Before you email your CAD file use 'Purge' to remove all the junk that a lot of editing of a drawing tends to leave behind. Then use 'Etransmit' which creates a zip file from within AutoCAD. This option allows you to add or remove other files like xrefs or ctb's etc associated with the model.

Yes, thank you. Someone showed me just this morning how to purge a file and it works fine.Im confident that this is sorted out now. Blessings