Measure tool --> weird numbers

Sbeth85

Sometimes when I measure my file, the measurements are normal (aka, 650 cm).

But sometimes, out of nowhere, the measurements from point A to point B will read 754674.51.

I have a few guesses why this would be, but to be honest I'd rather someone just explain to me why this is happening and how to stop it...

To give background: it's a 3rd party file, a huge one... Who knows what the previous owners did?

Taking eldon's point further set the System Variable OSNAPZ to 1 so that you can use the same Z value for both points, that's assuming you want horizontal distances.

Try 3DORBIT -ing it. See if there are any funny out of place lines on the z-axis as Eldon said. I'm assuming you're looking at a 2d drawing, I may be wrong. That's all I can think of without seeing it

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the delayed reply!

My UCS is already in World, PLAN set to Current.

OSNAPZ= 1 as of today... still getting weird measurements...

Yup, it's a 2-d Drawing, and yup, I'm Osnapping everything from within Model space (not Paper space)

Sorry for the delayed reply!

My UCS is already in World, PLAN set to Current.

OSNAPZ= 1 as of today... still getting weird measurements...

Yup, it's a 2-d Drawing, and yup, I'm Osnapping everything from within Model space (not Paper space)

It may be it is a 2D drawing but that does not mean there are no erroneous z values. Follow Barneels''s 3DORBIT suggestion to see visually if there are some weird lines that appear out of whack.

I made a request yesterday for a stripped down version of the drawing file. Where is it? We can certainly talk the issue to death but wouldn't it be easier on everyone (and quicker too) if we had first hand knowledge of what we are dealing with? Let's do this today OK?