Adding a Wye Branch from Main Duct

edmiceter

I have a 10" round branch duct that I am trying to tie into the existing 14" round main. When I press the duct add button from the main trunk, it automatically adds a barrel fitting. Since using wye branches are our standards, would there be a way for Autocad to allow me to add wye fittings easily?

MEP - Wye.pdf

MEP - Wye.jpg

Wye fittings are something I've never figured out how to auto-route or auto-connect in the routing preferences. My workaround has been to utilize the Tool Palettes to have my common sized wye's that I'll use throughout a job. Sizes like, 12x10x8, or 12x8x8 or 10x8x6, etc. I'd only have a handful of common sizes and would adjust accordingly once the fitting was in place.

Anyways, so the procedure I found best was to have these few preset sizes prepared on Tool Palettes, then adjust my workflow accordingly. I'd run the duct up to the branch like you have shown, then throw in my wye and connect the parts. Here is a quick video of my workflow example, when I did use AutoCAD MEP:

http://screencast.com/t/YoOTb8WHgM5L

Hope this helps. :)