Add geometry data back to a 3D solid

crepps

I have several files that have lost their geometric data that is usually there when they are primitives. This also removes the grips that allow me to resize the objects on the fly. Is there any possible way "apply" new data to these objects without recreating them? Is there a command, an express tool or a lisp routine that can accomplish this? TIA!:)

Nope... As soon as a solid is edited from it's primitive form, the resizabe grips go away and can not be restored. I never used 2007, but I assume you can still use sub-object selection to grip edit edges and faces. I use 2011 and above for 3D, but personally I don't think solid editing is any faster with the resizable grips than without once you're familiar with the 3D environment and solid editing tools.

Thanks nestly. Is there any way to take info of the brep and use it to recreate the primitive? And I need to update my profile, I'm using ACAD 2013 now. I just hope there is some way out there to recover a brep and apply geometric data to it. There is another department that uses grips exclusively and they are becoming unglued not having them. the last guy started creating everything in brep's for about a year before he left! I'm the new guy, and they asked if I had a solution. If you have any ideas, I'm all ears!

PS -- There are grips at the vertices, but they do not allow me to stretch the object, only move it.