Drawing on the Z-Axis Problem :(

Mena__99

hi , how are you guys? still wasting your time on your computers ? :P :P (joke)

anyway . i am learining 3dmax now and i am having some kinda of a problem ... basicly as usual i download learning lessons and i learn from it how to use this program.

anyway the guy in the video always have no problem drawing on the zaxis any shape he wants .. he doesnt even mention it so i think everyone knows it or maybe he mentioned it on the very first course that i hadnt download it yet and iam not planing too because i am on a higher level now.

but i still need to know how he do that

basicly when he draw a line on Z axis once he click some sort of new new pivot appear changing the Z to y so he can draw without any problem , but when i do that my drawing is always on the plan

check the image.

thxx in advance :)

zza02.jpg

Edited by Cad64
Removed profanity

I have edited your post to remove profanity. Please mind your language.

What video are you following? I recommend you go back and download the first course. The instructor probably explained his workflow in the first video. Everyone has a different way that they like to work, so whenever you watch training videos, it is always a good idea to watch from the beginning so you can get familiar with the way this instructor likes to work.

I'm not sure why you would need to change your view when drawing with splines though. Typically you are just drawing 2D outlines on the XY plane, so why would you need to switch to another plane and continue drawing? That doesn't really make sense to me? :unsure:

I have edited your post to remove profanity. Please mind your language.

What video are you following? I recommend you go back and download the first course. The instructor probably explained his workflow in the first video. Everyone has a different way that they like to work, so whenever you watch training videos, it is always a good idea to watch from the beginning so you can get familiar with the way this instructor likes to work.

I'm not sure why you would need to change your view when drawing with splines though. Typically you are just drawing 2D outlines on the XY plane, so why would you need to switch to another plane and continue drawing? That doesn't really make sense to me? :unsure:

thx for reply and editing and i apologize for that but i just want to mention that i wrote those (***) stars on propose as if i am so mad as a joke :P

anyway about downloading the course that is unlikly really not good idea since my laptop keep downloading for 3 days continusly and i have to turn it off sometime and also because i dont have enough space and over all i dont need the course

but the problem is that the guy set his view to front-view ( where Z is up ) to draw a blade but once he clicked on a point that pivot have changed the (Z) to (Y) so he can draw freely on the space without setting auto-grid or anything ..

when i tried that and then i changed the view to top-view .. i have realized the whole spline is a mess and its all on the floor nothing is higher .

sounds like that grid thing is a huge time saver and i would like to know how he mange to do that please.

about downloading the course that is unlikly really not good idea since my laptop keep downloading for 3 days continusly and i have to turn it off sometime and also because i dont have enough space and over all i dont need the course

Again, what video are you watching? What site are you downloading from? You need to watch that first video where I'm sure the instructor explained how and why he is doing these things. Just download it, watch it and then delete it. You don't need to keep it if you don't want to. I don't know what he is doing that is causing the Z axis to flip to Y and I don't understand why he is doing that? Seems confusing to me. If he wants to draw on the Y axis, why not change the view? :?

Again, what video are you watching? What site are you downloading from? You need to watch that first video where I'm sure the instructor explained how and why he is doing these things. Just download it, watch it and then delete it. You don't need to keep it if you don't want to. I don't know what he is doing that is causing the Z axis to flip to Y and I don't understand why he is doing that? Seems confusing to me. If he wants to draw on the Y axis, why not change the view? :?

he want to draw on z axis not the y ! ..

he can draw on the front view !! i dont know how !!! once he switch to the front view the grid automaticly go to the front view

Digital - tutor .. Quick start modeling volume 1