Find and Select blocks that have certain attributes via command line

liamdonnelly0209

Hi All.

I am trying to achieve the following:

for example... in 100 floor plans there are blocks that have certain attribute values. i want to be able to create a script/lisp that will find all blocks that include a certain piece of text ie "window" in the attribute value and change the block to a certain colour.

Essentially it is the same way that the "FIND" command works but via command line/lisp/script etc instead. This will be so i can apply this specific task without user input on the 100 floor plans.

Is there a way to do this as ive searched hundreds of terms/forums/ideas etc and came up with only find and replace tools or change all text in a drawing to certain colour.

Your help is greatly appreciated =]

Lee you are an absolute Genius. And thank you for your very quick response, i didnt expect anyone to get this one in one go either =]

Thank you so much =]

Now that it selects the blocks of the attribute i wanted, how would i change the colour of those blocks if i was to create a script to run on the drawings? as i am trying to essentially set up 100 drawings so when i reopen them i dont have to search for the blocks to change/work on as they have already been coloured. Thats the aim. So each week it could vary and the colour could change, so thats why i was hoping to vary them with different scripts per week. if that makes sense

Your probably looking for a line like this

(vla-put-Layer obj "0") ; this is layer to "0"
;make it this 
(vla-put-Color obj "3") ; turn object to color "3"
;
;
(setq x ("\nEnter new color number:))
(vla-put-Color obj x)