Lisp to plot multiple lines from a text file of start/end coordinates?

ktd27

We often collect ground penetrating radar data in a somewhat irregular grid of traverses at 90 degrees to each other (loosely east and north) and then put the information on a client's CAD basemap of the site. Our field notes consist of a line position and start and stop position for each line, so that I have a text file arranged as:

LINE START STOP

50E 10N 40N

55E 12.5N 40N

change direction

0N 50E 55E

5N 55E 50E

I'd like to use the text file of these coordinates to automatically plot line segments. Right now, I'm using the line command to specify that my first point is 50,10 and my second point is 50,40...this is fine with small grids, but I just finished a project that consisted of 515 transverses and there must be something more efficient than what I'm doing! I assume it will require a lisp, which I have never attempted to write..any advice?

This is my very first forum post, although I've found the community resources to be pretty much a lifesaver in previous projects. I tried a search for similar problems but haven't had much luck beyond finding a routine for auto plotting points. If I've miscategorized, or if this question has already been asked and answered, please let me know!

A couple of ways bring into excel and create a column which is a script of line by line commands then either paste column to commnad line or save as a .scr file and use SCRIPT. please note blank lines are there for a reason in example.

Line 50,10 50,40

line 55,12.5 55,40

line 0,50 0,55

5,55 5,50