Having a problem loading my AutoTurn 6.0 ARX into my AutoCAD 2009 using windows 7?

mashew74

I recently got me a new PC with windows 7 because XP no more support.

I was hoping that it supported AutoCAD 2009, which it did. but when i try to load my AutoTurn 6.0 and my ParkCAD 3.0, it wont load my Arx files.

Is it because of Windows 7?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit; XP mode is installed.

AutoCAD was installed on Win 7 - should we try it in XP mode?

Re: AutoCAD 2009. All you are really doing is running a 32-bit program in a 64-bit environment.

I assume that the other two program must be 32-bit as well but if they were actually 16-bit programs then they would definitely not run on a 64-bit system. Have you tried contacting the companies that wrote the two programs or visited their websites to see if there are any posted solutions to this type of problem?

...when i try to load my AutoTurn 6.0 and my ParkCAD 3.0, it wont load my Arx files.

Is it because of Windows 7?

Possibly. Where are these files located?

I don't know all the quirks related to Win7 UAC, but I know we have some AutoCAD apps (including ARX/DLL) that will not load unless the user has read/write access to the directory in which the ARX/DLL resides.

What kind of error are you getting?

i actually called Transoft and they said my version of AutoTurn will definitely not run on windows 7.

i think i have to upgrade to AutoTurn 9. which will cost money but eventually i have to at some point. i was/am running AutoTurn 6.0.

i didnt want to right away but have to bite the bullet and do what i gotta do lol

the error i am getting is just "unable to load AT2007.arx file"

i have total access because i have stand alone licenses for all my software.

Both of your programs came out sometime around 2008/2009. They lasted you five years. Had you not upgraded to Win7 they probably could have lasted you another five years.

In circumstances such as yours, faced with possible problems continuing to use WinXP while maintaining a connection to the Internet I would have pulled the plug on my Internet connection and kept right on working. You could work indefinitely into the future with no problem meaning you would not be upgrading AutoTurn or ParkCAD. Then I would have looked for a different solution to maintain my Internet connectivity. That could have been something as simple as a laptop running Win7 Home Edition. There are so many of these floating around you could have picked up one for cheap. The only downside to this two computer system would have been if you had to exchange drawing files with someone else. In this scenario all it would take is a flash drive and the old "shoe-leather-express" to transfer the files between the two computers.

By the way, will AutoTurn 9 work with AutoCAD 2009?

im thinking of running in XP mode. and seing if that will work.

but if that doesnt work, then i have to upgrade.

i do alot of sharing files and do not have the time to be sharing between 2 computers.

also it is a nuisance to have to ask clients do downgrade the files sent to me.

although most of the time the dwg trueview comes in handy most of the time it does not always work.

yes transot said it will work with 2009. ill use it like that until i can upgrade to AutoCAD 2015.