Drawing Revision/Copy Block Lisp

stew_mc

I'm trying to automate a process which appears fairly straight forward however I have no idea how to create a Lisp or better yet a script that could complete the task.

I have a set of drawings where drawing title info, rev no. & dates etc are controlled from the sheet set manager. I unfortunately still have to manually update a revision note attribute block which displays fields from the SSM hence unless attribute information is BURST to text the note will only ever displays the current info.

The below steps are shown in the attached images (order 0,1,2,3) and outlines the sequence of commands required prior to an issue of the drawings.

0. Original state of the drawing where the X,Y,Z position of the current rev note varies from drawing to drawing.

1. Select the block by name (Name: Current Rev Note) and remember is X,Y,Z position (for use in step 3).

2. Copy the selected block by displacement (from 0,0,0 to 0,8,0)

3. Select the original block by name and position (Name: Current Rev Note, position: X,Y,Z from step 1)

4. Use the BURST command on the selected block to change its attributes to text

5. Zoom Extents

6. Save

END

0.jpg

It seems fairly simple proccess however I have no basis for that claim as my lisp knowledge it limited at best. If anyone has any advice on how to create a Lisp for this sequence it would be a great help.

Thanks in advance

stew

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg