Beginner House Modelling

casho88

Hello,

I am attempting to draft a design for a house. I have drawn 2 plines and used the presspull command to create the 3d walls. My problem is drawing the roof. I am trying to draw a triangle pline and the extrude the shape across as instructed in this youtube video,

@ 10:46. We I draw the lines, my first problem is the line automatically draws the lines at 180 degrees. Also, it looks like the lines I draw seem to be on the wrong axis. I've attached a print screen.

AutoCAD problem.docx

You could have used the POLYSOLID command to create your walls, it is pretty entertaining.

Just read the commandline prompts, you will be asked to specify the thickness, height and justification of

the solid which will automagically appear, as you trace you line.

Try using an ISOMETRIC view when you are doing your EXTRUDE, in that way you can better

see and understand exactly what is going on, as you can see a 3D View.

I would suggest, if you aren't already using 2D Wireframe visualstyle, that it would be the best

to use while you are modeling this.

A couple of extra ways to draw house in 3d you can use Thickness when drawing a line and also ELEV to set its elevation. Re roof again can use pface to create 3d plane.

Going the 3d way is not bad for your roof think about this draw the roof shape on the ground as a triangle but with barge boards use pline. Ok now use rotate3d and flip the roof to be vertical use Vpoint 1,1,1 so you can see move the triangle to correct location on wall note you may want to move away from wall for eave offset then just extrude. I am sure Remark will post a few examples for you to look at.

3dhouse.jpg

Hello,

I am attempting to draft a design for a house. I have drawn 2 plines and used the presspull command to create the 3d walls. My problem is drawing the roof. I am trying to draw a triangle pline and the extrude the shape across as instructed in this youtube video,

@ 10:46. We I draw the lines, my first problem is the line automatically draws the lines at 180 degrees. Also, it looks like the lines I draw seem to be on the wrong axis. I've attached a print screen.

sometimes DUCS can be helpful, sometimes not. check what is happening to your x, y z azis as you start to draw lines etc.

I usually prefer DUCS to be off and manually manipulate the UCS but sometimes it happens to be on so i give it a try...... hover over existing geometry and autocad will try and guess the axis you want to draw to.