command aliases

hi there guys. i was just messing around with my new express tools bar and changed the line command to be 1 instead o L for line, then i did the same thing for pline and input 11. after a while i got tired of it and deleted both entries. now i cant type any command it says its a unknown command any command line. help please. :(:(

You need to search for the PGP file and change it there. It should be under your user, app data, roaming, autodesk, your vesrion, blah blah blah then its under the support folder. Acad.pgp Change the polyline and line back to whatever you wish.

What would ever possess you to change the line command to "1"?

There's probably a backup copy of the acad.pgp file already on your hard drive. Did you look?

You can isolate your most commonly used commands on one side of the keyboard so that you can key in commands with one hand while using the mouse with the other. I'm got mine tuned that way and have even added a few macros to be able to change back and forth from my most commonly used layers and dim/text styles.

It's a game-changer once you get the hang of it. Say goodbye to the ribbon, tool bars, etc...

You can isolate your most commonly used commands on one side of the keyboard so that you can key in commands with one hand while using the mouse with the other. I'm got mine tuned that way and have even added a few macros to be able to change back and forth from my most commonly used layers and dim/text styles.

It's a game-changer once you get the hang of it. Say goodbye to the ribbon, tool bars, etc...

I hear you loud and clear there Jax!

I want my right hand on the mouse, not jumping around all over the keyboard. :beer:

thanks guys but theres still problems. Im using mechanical 12, I know Im a noob and cant find the PGP file. I still have the commands but now instead of type just L for Line Ill need to type LINE if I want to shortcut in the keyboard, at this point in this conditions its faster to look for it in the ribbon. How can I fix this? I tried to create new profile but nothing

thanks guys but theres still problems. Im using mechanical 12, I know Im a noob and cant find the PGP file. I still have the commands but now instead of type just L for Line Ill need to type LINE if I want to shortcut in the keyboard, at this point in this conditions its faster to look for it in the ribbon. How can I fix this? I tried to create new profile but nothing

In LT at least you can get to it through the menu -Tools - Customise - Edit Program Parameters, and don't forget REINIT if you make any changes

finally i found the pgp file. I erased and tried nothing. I replaced with a copy that Jarr3tt8 shared with me and still no solution. help please this is getting embarrassing

After doing this for as long as I have, my left hand is pretty good at covering the entire keyboard.

Same here. Only thing I add to PGP is new shortcuts for commands that don't have them.

Try (findfile "acad.pgp") on the commandline (include the parentheses).

Did you search your hard drive yet?

A quick check of my computer, running both AutoCAD 2014 and 2015, finds two copies for each version stored in two different folders.

finally i found the pgp file. I erased and tried nothing. I replaced with a copy that Jarr3tt8 shared with me and still no solution. help please this is getting embarrassing

Is it in a folder in the Support File Search Path?

thanks slw210

My mistake trying to fix it i guess i deleted more files than i needed and had to repair autocad, running defaults now thanks everyone for the help!:)