Block names don't match block resource name?

WindowsIHateYou

Today's issue:

I have a survey file with trees blocks in it. The trees are all the same block. But EACH instance of the tree block in the drawing has a different sequential name in Properties>Misc>Name. NONE of these names are found in the Edit Block Definitions (EBD) list. :? I found the actual correct definition under yet ANOTHER unique name in the EBD. I know this is the correct resource, because I edited it, and ALL instances of the block in the drawing were updated accordingly.

Why is this an issue?

1) The block properties are showing up different than I have repeatedly set them.

2) When I zoom in and out, a 'phantom' instance of the block appears, and cannot be selected, and does not change sizes or hold location as it should while zooming. To add insult to injury, this one IS showing with the correct properties. :nono:

3) There are a ton of these blocks in unique sizes, so replacing them all manually would be very time consuming.

4) If I Layer Isolate and select one of them, they ALL vanish, even though the block, and objects INSIDE the block definition are all on the same layer.

Um, help?

Edited by WindowsIHateYou

Sounds like a block of a block, good example is a tree we had this situation branch1 branch2, add these to trunk 3rd block now different layers combine trunks now to 4th block which is the one you see. Simple test explode one if it falls apart 100% ingnore what I have just said. The tree in question took 4 explodes.

BigAl>

Winner! I exploded the outer bock, and kept the inner blocks. However, shouldn't all of the outer blocks still have shown up in the Edit Block definitions?

The phantom block now SEEMS gone too, but it was intermittent, so more testing is needed.