Changing colors in Palette Groups or Design Center

kingdaddy

OK, then what?

I tried changing it to "By Block" and it didn’t work.

Thanks much for your help by the way, even if we don’t get it resolved I appreciate the time your spending.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• kingdaddy

• tzframpton

• pattyandme

Here is a screen shot. Cant even change the color of the block let alone the background, shows up Black in the Editor and Previews but not in the Palette.

Bedit.jpg

the block entities need to be on Layer 0. I see it's already set to ByBlock. Then click the "Close Block Editor" and Save when it asks. Then Save the drawing, go back to Tool Palettes and right-click, Update Tool Image.

the block entities need to be on Layer 0.

I dont know how to do that, what do you mean by "Entities"?

In the screenshot above you have the Spline or Polyline selected. It shows to be on the COMPONENTS layer, which seems to be a yellow'ish color. This needs to be changed to the 0 layer. So, while its selected, pull down the Layer menu and select the 0 Layer.

Thats what I thought so i went ahead and did that to see if it would work, after refreshing the image its still Yellow.

Bedit.jpg

And before you Updated Tool Image, you Save/Closed the block, then Save/Closed the drawing the block was in, correct?

The block editor opens the block so when I save and close thats it as far as I know, there is nothing else to close or save.

IOW

"Tools" "Block Editor", select block from list and it opens the block in the block editor, then change to layer 0 and save /close. Then look in Tool Palette, find edited block, right click and select "Update Tool Image". Viola! nothing, nada, no change. If I open the block I just edited it shows to be on layer 0 and it is White not Yellow. However even if that did work it would creat many other problems with some of my more detailed blocks that have many entities in different colors and different layers so that when exploded the proper entities automatically go to the proper layer. What I need to do is just change the displayed background color, not the block line colors or layers.

I'll have to wait until I get home, I'm blocked from viewing attached images hear at work

Thanks for your help!