How to export "Properties Filter" in layer manager from 1 dwg to another dwg?

vernonlee

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vernonlee

• RobDraw

• JamCAD

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are various discussions on various forums about creating layer filters with lisp. Here are a few:

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=36745.0

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/visual-lisp-autolisp-and-general/named-layer-filter/td-p/843332

http://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=12640.msg154978#msg154978

Ideally someone will come up with a LISP to save and import the layer filters to a file.

Perhaps someone with a vertical product could create a few property and group filters and then save the filters to a file as previously suggested. If they uploaded a copy of the file someone might be able to work out how it is structured and write a lisp routine to parse the file format and import/export layer filters to the file.

I'm kinda busy at the moment as I have a few exams and assignments due next week. There are probably more experienced LISPers out there than me anyway.

Layer states need to be exported to a .las in order to import.

You might want to look at Layer Translator for a more powerful tool.

I have exported/imported layer states beween drawings before. just not sure how it can be useful in my situition.

Perhaps you can elobrate?

Layertrans i use before as well mainly to convert all layers to another layer. How would this help in this?

Thanks

Hi RobDraw. Hope you can elobrate on your suggestions for using layer states & laytrans in my work situition.

Thanks for the advise so far bro.

No problem JamCAD.

Appreciate all your help.

If layer filter import fails to takeoff, at least i have the script to bank on which may be a faster option. That said i will keep searching for a solution as per your link suggestions.

Hi RobDraw. Hope you can elobrate on your suggestions for using layer states & laytrans in my work situition.

Thanks for the advise so far bro.

I really do not know about your work situation, but you did say that you were using the filters to apply properties to certain layers. I was merely suggesting that these tools might help you get the layer properties from one drawing to another since you have been unable to import filters with the information I provided earlier in the thread.

RobDraw

If i can get a friend whose version is able to save the properties filter, will this make it easier? (to import it to my Autocad)