Radial Dimension Display - Circle at arrow head...

lamensterms

Hi again,l

I just tested your drawings and use the dimstyle "1" and it performed the same as the first part of the GIF demonstration. With 'text placement' set "Over dimension line, with leader" the rotational position of the dimension is fixed to a point perpendicular to the point picked on the arc. You say on your machine, with that option, you are able to rotated the dimension during placement (as per the second part of the GIF?

Also, what is the significance of Radial style? How was that created? It is like a style within a style.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53880[/ATTACH]

Interesting, not sure why it is behaving differently on my laptop. I can't get it to behave like the first part of your GIF. Curious, I may dig deepr into that little anomaly. :huh:

That RADIAL child (substyle) of the PARENT dimstyle allows one to specify different settings for different subtypes of dimensions, used within the same scale specified in the PARENT.

When creating a new dimstyle, you choose a starting dimstyle as your point of departure, and can specify that the style which is being created will be for SPECIFIC dimension types, like Radial, Angular, Linear, Ordinate, Diametric or Leaders & Tolerances. As shown in the screenshot, click on the icon to access the list of dimension subtypes should you wish to specify one only, as opposed to a general use dimstyle for ALL dimension types.

creating a new dimstyle CHILD.JPG

Edited by Dadgad

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lamensterms

• Dadgad

Ahh substyles. And here I was with a different dimstyle for each dimension type haha. Thanks for that Dadgad, that will come in very handy.