Flange Mates

spittle

Can someonge give me some advice on how to set the mates up for this scenario. I need someone with Routing experience as it works differently to a normal assembly.

Pic 1 - A Tee has been inserted, and solidworks has created the stubs ready for routing.

Pic 2 - my flange will snap to my Tee but it is actually the wrong way round.

Pic 3 - Imagine my flange did snap to the Tee in the correct orientation and had created a stub, I can now drag my flange onto the end of the pipe and it is now in the correct orientation.

NOTE: In the attached images I have not let go of my mouse button to drop the components.

How do I get my flange to automatically mate correctly to my Tee?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

just out of curiosity, whats different about mates in the routing application? when you mate your flange is there a check box or option to either reverse orientation, or direction?

from the pic it looks like there is a linear constraints, does concentric not work? or is it not available in routing?

Well actually they are similar, but for routing you predefine the mates in the part so your parts should snap automatically as you drag and drop them on your route. Also for routing, whether your parts snap correctly is down to your routing points that need to be added in the part, plus you need to give some mates specific names etc.

And basically mine don't work properly!