Strange zoom extents behavior ACAD 2016

nldijkje

Hi all,

I just installed release 2016 a few weeks ago and noticed strange zoom behavior compared to release 2015.

When I do a zoom Extents of a certain drawing, the drawing appreas out of center in the right quadrant of the screen.

There are no loose objects in the other quadrants, as I have checked that and when I open the same drawing in release 2015 the zoom works just fine :(

Other drawings do not have this problem.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Since you say it is only a problem in a single drawing, I am skeptical that it is not a drawing issue.

Can you post the drawing in question?

I removed one object-type at a time with QSelect and apparently the 2D Polylines are (at least one) cause of the wonky zoom. If I explode them down to Lines and Arcs, then the zoom>Extents work fine.

You are not alone: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015-2016/zoom-issue/td-p/5623466?nobounce

I did as suggested, exploded and PEDit > JOin, and it works on your file.

Deam, CONVERTPOLY does not seem to work. Exploding 2D Polylines and PEDit > JOin is to much of a hassle :(

This may help you a bit. :|

Nice detective work Tiger!

I checked out that link you posted, and found the last post very interesting.

If you change your visualstyle to WIREFRAME, suddenly zoom extents works fine, unlike with visual style 2D Wireframe. Interesting bug.

Check out the second screenshot for yet another approach from that post #10.

peditaccept sysvar.JPG

re 2016 zoom bug.jpg

Edited by Dadgad