Rename Layers????

wastewater

Also give it a try to the RENAME command. It is usefull if you wish to rename a lot of layers at a time. Also you can use RENAME on blocks, text and dimension stiles, saved UCS names and so on.

• 1 year later...
...It is usefull if you wish to rename a lot of layers at a time...

I am running AC 2005, can the RENAME command be used for renaming multiple BLOCKS at once??? I see that I can 'lasso' or select several blocks, *varies* appears in the "Old Name" text box, but it doesn't appear I can rename them.

Ex. I have a file of Kitchen appliances, each appliance "BLOCK" is named by its deminsion-description

33'' Refrigerator 1

33'' Refrigerator 2

which I want to rename

Refrigerator 1 33''

Refrigerator 2 33''

Can I "batch" rename many many blocks, RENAME is very nice, but very slow when you have numerous blocks you wish to rename.

Thanks,

Dave

Try using the Laytrans command.

Thank you for the reply. But LAYTRANS doesn't offer any option to change BLOCK names.

After several agrevating hours of research, I found a solution that requires ScriptPro. Takes a few minutes to setup and figure out, but works like a treat!!! When I have time, I may post these findings in a new thread for the benefit of others wishing to accomplish the same.

Again, Thanks lpseifert

Dave