Draftsight lisp routines and variables

EricDevault

Does anyone have any information on DraftSight and the use of lisps and setting variables, these are two separate questions. I currently can load a lisp and run them as I do in AutoCad but there are limitations/variations to certain things. Does anyone have a comparison or know the differences with the two programs?

My next question is about setting variables in DraftSight, Command Line: (setq no1 10) returns 10, but when I invoke !no1 it returns Error: No Function. as if the value got wiped immediately after being set. Is there a System Variable I need to set to hold these variables or is it just not possible in DraftSight? Any information is much appreciated.

Thank you for that information I will check it out.

As far as

My next question is about setting variables in DraftSight, Command Line: (setq no1 10) returns 10, but when I invoke !no1 it returns Error: No Function. as if the value got wiped immediately after being set. Is there a System Variable I need to set to hold these variables or is it just not possible in DraftSight? Any information is much appreciated.

Does anyone know if there is a system setting I need to set for the variables to get stored or not possible? Thanks.

You might find the answer at the website I gave you the link for. I don't know of anyone here creating lisp routines specifically for Draftsight. Did you ask your question at the Draftsight forums too?

You might find the answer at the website I gave you the link for. I don't know of anyone here creating lisp routines specifically for Draftsight. Did you ask your question at the Draftsight forums too?

I went on the official Dessault Systems forum community and well it's not the most traveled or helpful. I also looked through all the Lisp items in the CadOasis site and did not find the answer. I may post a question there as well.

All my lisps work between ACad 2007 and DraftSight it's just the variable thing, not sure why. All my setq in the lisps work, obviously, but global ones do not hold values. Just odd I think. Thanks for your time.

Difficult to understand why there isn't greater participation at the Draftsight forum. I noticed the same thing a couple of the times I visited but I don't work with Draftsight on a daily basis; I use AutoCAD almost exclusively. I installed Draftsight so I could answer normal CAD drafting questions by our interns. Sorry to hear you have yet to find an answer.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Is there a way in Draftsight to run a lisp upon startup so that it is automatically available in all open drawings? There is a start.lsp which I assume is for this purpose, but it isn't available for modification as I am blocked from modifying this file. 

When you say blocked is it just "read only" as admin in explorer you can reset the "read only" property, If it works make changes then set back to read only.