Overkill not working

wing

Tried this option on ignore all object properties. Increased fuzziness to 10. Ticked and unticked "Optimize segments within polylines, Combine co-linear objects that partially overlap and end to end". It still doesn't produce 3 lines that I expect. Am I expecting something wrong here?

The overkill operation seems particularly bad at deleting lines that are completely covered by another line and sometimes wouldn't even work with lines that have the same end point.

overkill.dwg

In my opinion your lines do not meet the criteria (duplicate or overlapping) overkill is designed to correct thus the reason you are getting the results seen.

I have changed the drawing to how you the overkill command.

It is for removing duplicates of geometry.

The lines in your original, unfortunately, are not duplicates, they simply share the same orientation and position, but different lengths and start/end points.

I do not know of a command that will solve this for you automatically. As you could imagine, the command has to choose a line to keep and a line to delete. What if it chose the small lines - that would really stuff up your drawing.

true overkill.dwg

I see. So "overkill" is for removing true identical segments. I have seen various attempts implemented in lisp but as expected, those routines can be really resource hungry.