ethangale25

Hello All,

This is my first post on CADTutor forum. This is a pretty extensive request, however I am looking to essentially do this exact routine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLOif87iLMw

This automated process of creating the stepped boundaries to angled polylines based on the size of a panel, as well as automatically drawing panels into the drawn boundaries, etc, is everything that I need. Creating profile views, cross sections, etc.

The question is, are there any AutoCAD commands that would expediate this programming or do I need to brute force this and essentially create a lisp routine from scratch? The more basic the steps, the easier I would be able to understand because I am relatively new to AutoCAD in general. In general where do I start?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Cad user, please don't reply to posts simply to say welcome to the forum. Some people have their preferences set so that they are notified when someone replies, so imagine the OP's irritation when he gets a notice that someone replied to his post but then finds it's just a greeting.

Ethangale, what you're asking for will require some pretty extensive programming. If you're going to attempt this, you will most likely need some help from our lisp experts. I have moved your question to the Autolisp section: http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?21-AutoLISP-Visual-LISP-amp-DCL