Is there any freedom to adjust parameters?

chubarka

Hello,

I have created a spring and I need an exact amount of coils, and I am attempting to cut off the coils that I do not want from my model and am constantly getting the "through all" wording, rather than the "blind" wording, whereby I can adjust the length of my cut for my purposes. Is there a way to have the option of blind and through all?

chubarka

Coils.jpg

Are you doing an Extrude cut? Blind should be the default Direction 1 end condition. Are you saying that drop down is not there? Can you take a screen shot?

How are you making the coil? You can make a Helix defined by number of turns and sweep that path, or you can make your coil profile and sweep it by selecting by selecting a vertical line(or curved line), go to "Options" in the sweep dialog and select "twist along path". You can then define it by number of turns, degrees or radians.

I did at first create my coils using the Sweep along path method. That is where I did not get the option of blind or through all. I then used the helicoil method where I specified the amount of turns I wanted and the pitch I wanted and therefore had no need for the options.

Thank you for your response.

chubarka

Chubarka, when you use the Sweep dialog you do not have control over how much it gets swept along the path. You have to define the path for that. There are certain times like patterns on a path where you have that type of control but as you found out Sweep isn't one of them.

Glad you figured it out!