how to make a Detail Component and ad it to the Detail Component Manager?

jrn

Hi

I've tried to find som step by step guide on how to create content like a Metal Profiled Sheet Deck.

I want to make a detail component showing a composite of 16mm Leweis Dovetailed Sheeting with cast concrete and possibly Pex tubes for floor heating.

I want to make the details insertable as sections in both directions and in plan view.

I want to make the thickness of the concrete ajustable (also after insertion).

I want to make the section length to be ajustable, so the lenght of sections can be modyfied.

I want to make the component with hatch for concrete associative to the metal profile and concrete.

I have made a dynamic block, but it has some problems among others with the profile ends in sections.

I have made a linetype with the dovetailet profile, but it is affected by the annotation scale.

Im not looking for solutions in 3D.

Please help

• 2 weeks later...

I've not used them this particular way, but it sounds like you need a dynamic block:

Use visibility states to pick between different section views or a plan, linear parameters can be added to allow for different lengths and depths of element.

dJE

I think you'd be able to do it with a linear parameter and a stretch action, but I'd need to see the block to be sure...

dJE