Drawing revisions

chrisdarmanin

i have a problem i cant think of a solution.

for drawing revisions i used to save as and rename the file to xxxxxxxx_REV1.dwg

however with xrefs and sheet set manager this is not practical.

what do you guys do?

any suggestions?

We keep the same file names throughout the course of the project. Major milestones are archived to distinct folders on a separate drive. We do not archive before every revision. We have daily/weekly backups that can be accessed on the off chance that we need to go back in time.

Save and rename the etransmit! Check the checkbox to remove all paths. Do what ever You do for archiving and submitting drawings with This etransmit..

tried the etransmit route i ususally remember to save after i've done the edits. but until now that seems the best option. any other suggestions?

Our process is similar to robs. The names all stay the same. Our DMS has a third party app that pulls the rev info from the title block if we ever need to find a particular rev. Our DMS also automatically save a time stamp snap shot of the file during check in/out.